About Me

My photo
Self Portrait: "You are my Dark Clouds" I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR! I am daughter, I am mother, I am friend, I am teacher, I am student, but still I am more. I am loyal, I am kind, I am loving, I am smart, I am funny, I am wise, I am no mans fool...so beware. I am also creative, I am a visual arts student majoring in photography and passionate about anything related to the arts, whether it be performing arts, visual arts or great literaty works. I am passionate about pursuing a cultured life with youthful enthusiasm, that can be shared with good friends and family over a nice meal with a glass of wine. And of course...I like to chat, so please join me here every week to explore lifes little mysteries together.

Thursday 14 June 2012

13th June 2012- Facebook Comments-The Key

Isabella Wait weird whats it ment tobe about???

  •  
    Danae Thyssen

    Well....all art is subjective and open to interpretation. What one person sees may be very different from what another sees....so who is right? Well both are because it is about your direct experience. Obviously the artist has an intention ...when they set out to create the work, however many believe once it has been created and presented to the public it no loger belongs to the artist but the public. And then there are occasions that its very intention is for you to be curiou, to begin a conversatio and that in itself is part of the process also...... Are you confuse yet? What do you see when you what it....what do you feel? There is no wrong answer.

  • Yvonne Daw The obvious (to me) reference to Christianity and the use of Tarot cards seems to clash.
    4 hours ago ·  · 1

  • Yvonne Daw Strangely I found it a little disturbing.
  •  
    Danae Thyssen Both great observations. And yes there was definitely meant to be a disturbing element.....insightful observations. Any other thoughts?

  • Yvonne Daw

    It seemed to me that the mother was welcoming the child (more or less going through the birth process) at the beginning, then at the end relinquishing the child to her partner and watching them go to start their new life together. In betwe...en, there were elements of danger and at times, almost voyeurism (especially when the fingers were shown on the tree trunk). The occasional glimpses of a deer, to me represented the innocent child. The other two in the film seemed to represent the girl's guardians. The cards blowing in the wind were a symbol that our destiny must be left to the powers that be and the cards returning to her hand, to me represent the idea that we have a certain control over our lives. This is, of course, just my thoughts.

  • Liz Lewis Yvonne that was well said. I could relate to that.

  • Danae Thyssen
    Well...Well....Ynonne aren't you the artistic genius. I am very impressed with your ability to look beyond and your courage to share. You clearly have the power of observation, but more importantly have the perception to recognise the symbo...lic elements that are of course open to interpretation. I would very much like to send you a frien request and invite you to join our facebook group 'Power to the People'. The video created was based on two continuous story created by the members, which we were able to tie together. Because the story was a colaborative effort, each person who participated only had a portion of influence to shape its development. It was then the responsibility of Beck Graeber and myself to interpret the stoy and create the video, which is not an exact translation in a linear sense, but does use various prompts and symbolism from the task to move the story along. We do hope you enjoyed our creation and ask you to pass it on and share with others.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment