About Me

My photo
Self Portrait: "You are my Dark Clouds" I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR! I am daughter, I am mother, I am friend, I am teacher, I am student, but still I am more. I am loyal, I am kind, I am loving, I am smart, I am funny, I am wise, I am no mans fool...so beware. I am also creative, I am a visual arts student majoring in photography and passionate about anything related to the arts, whether it be performing arts, visual arts or great literaty works. I am passionate about pursuing a cultured life with youthful enthusiasm, that can be shared with good friends and family over a nice meal with a glass of wine. And of course...I like to chat, so please join me here every week to explore lifes little mysteries together.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

3nd June 2012 - Final Editting of Video Footage

Due to the amount of footage Beck and I still have to edit and the amount of work that still remains to be completed, it was decided we would head back to Beck's home early afternoon yesterday 2nd June and that I would stay overnight. During our last session we watched all footage and discuss what we did and did not want to use for the final selections. In order to be most effective Beck and I divided the work up and broke down the video into workable sections that covered specific scenes, she took some and myself others. We individually deleted or eliminated footage with background distractions that we believed would not be useful and chose selections that best served the message we wanted to portray. As we had both previously discussed this we were comfortable that even though some of the work was being done individually, the decisions we colaborative. After this phase we brought together what had been done so far and then fine tuned things together, before deciding on the music that would be used as the audio to accompany the video footage. I had already spent many hours going through the music following the brief for which we had discussed together. After I had short listed about a dozen pieces of music we collectively decided which pieces would best compliment the footage. Deciding which music wouold go where and then applying the music and adjusting the timings was a huge feat on its own....very time consuming. Beck and I worked solidly from around 2pm until around 1.30am, only breaking for dinner. We then again resumed work by 9am this morning and worked through until 1pm this afternoon and finally finished.....aaaahaaaa.
We are both very tired, but very pleased with the results and everything we have achieved. Furthermore we are thrilled with the collaborations that made this short film possible and vey proud at how we have executed the final results. Throughout the entire process we have self-referenced and brought everything full circle. We now need to upload the video to Youtube and wait for approval and then we will download to our facebook group and our individual blogs to complete this cycle. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment